Thursday, May 21, 2009

Don't just watch, See.

Recently, thinking about mangas/animes has inspired some thoughts in me. I think we can actually learn alot of things from mangas so I've decided to write the post.

First up, 3 of my favourite (male) manga characters:

L from Death Note: "Every day I spend on this world makes me want to live longer."
The courage to sentence himself to death to save the world. Unquestionable justice. Genius.

Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto: "I speak my mind; That's My Ninja Way!" "If I fail my 999th time, I'll just try a thousand time!"
Incredible perseverance. Kind-hearted. Brave. A lot of justice in him too. A Jinchuuriki. (I want to see Sasuke and him as best friends again)

Rock Lee from Naruto: "If you're the Genius Type, I'd be the Hardworking Type who'll beat you!"
Also a lot of perseverance. Brave. VERY hardworking. Strong although unable to use ninjutsu. Two thumbs up for our bushy brow dude!

From my favourite characters you can see that I'm more inclined towards hard workers then quick thinkers, I just admire people who try to surpass those born with more talent with hard work, though I'm not a hard worker myself. L is a class of his own, to me, he is of a higher standard of man and the symbol of justice and courage.

Secondly, my 3 favourite female characters (all from Naruto) :

Hinata Hyuga from Naruto: "I was always chasing you... Wanting to overtake you... I just wanted to walk with you... I wanted to be with you... You changed me! Your smile saved me! So I'm not afraid to die protecting you! Because I -- Love You..."
Perseverance, and more perseverance towards Naruto. She didn't chase after Naruto like how other girls were to Sasuke. But she was always secretly by Naruto's side---- The Greatest form of love. A special girl with a touching story, as touching as Lee's. Hinata plain rocks.

Sakura Haruno from Naruto: "But all I did was to watch you guys from behind... Yet... You always fought to protect me. I want to become like you guys... Everyone... This time... You'll watch me from behind!"
Yes, I know Inner Sakura is so unfair for a non-jinchuuriki; I don't like a billboard brow myself. But her courage and determination is definitely approvable, and the scene where she cut her own hair short with a kunai is quite cool.

Tenten from Naruto: (No specific quotes)
Well quite a quiet and cute girl who stands by Neji, good-natured, and the Tenten-Neji combination is worth waiting to read/watch.

Other favourites: Shikamaru Nara and Kiba Inuzuka and Kakashi Hatake

Behind every ninja, both protagonists and lesser protagonists, there is a story to be known, there are hearts to be touched, there are tears to shed, there are knowing smiles, and definitely lessons to be learnt.That's why Mangas, or rather Naruto itself, makes up as an unreplaceable part of my life.

No comments: