Thursday, August 14, 2008

Post Explaining My Title

OK hi all this is my first post.

So hmm, why is my blog name "Pursuit for Hope"?
I'm not referring to the literal 'hope', but everything that is hope to me. My current hope is to have a real friend, true friend, which I think in the long run of man's hostory, much of its genuine meaning is lost.
Recently i noticed that people like to 'befriend' those who can crack childish jokes, even if they themselves are the jokes, and they laugh when being laughed at.
To me, a friend is not someone who says rubbish to make you laugh; not someone to help you get better grades; NOT SOMEONE WHO IS SHALLOW; not someone who makes fun of you. If that's your reason of getting a friend you are not one either. A friend is someone who understands you, spare a thought for you; who accompanies you; whom you can tell him/her all your troubles; WHO WILL LEAVE A MARK IN YOUR LIFE.

That is what I think. Since I came to RI after graduating from primary school, on top of all the stress, I realised that I have not any true friends. Yes it may sound emotional, and I'm not saying you guys are crude or something, but these are my feelings.

Of course you don't expect this to be the only 'hope', there are much more things coming up so stay tuned to new posts on my blog please. ^^

No comments: