Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's Good to have Less Things I Believe in, now I'm more Focused...

Utterly dismayed...

By my mother.

I had my dinner just now. While eating I was thinking of XXX beating Jingheng up during recess today, so I thought I would want to share my thoughts on this XXX person with my mother. I hesitated, but I decided to do it in the end. And so I did...

Jingheng is a truly a strong person, one of the strongest I have ever seen. And when I say 'strong' here I am referring to his mental strength. He didn't retaliate, not even say a bad word although XXX dragged and punched him around the classroom. I respect him. He was standing there silently, I guess he was disappointed and angry, he withstood it. I remember telling him this, "Why do you still want to be friends with XXX even when you know he does this to you? Do you think this is a real 'friend'? If it's just a 'fake friend', why BE friends with him?" He is my friend, I should not just watch.

At this point, my mother said, "I know you are trying to help, but when you go out to society in the future, do not mind others' business too much, someone else might just badmouth you because of that and you might get into trouble. Sometimes it's not so easy to help someone. And don't even think about changing XXX, it's impossible for someone to just change because you ask for it." I know she said that for my own good, but I really can't take a sentence like that; it is against my character. So for the first time I revealed my thoughts to her. "It's not that people can't change, it's because some people are too weak."

Then suddenly she got impatient and angry, and shouted a fallacy at me, "Then you're talking as if it's so easy! You say people can change, have you yourself changed? Don't you still play computer games? I'm telling you from my experience, stop being stubborn!" Is playing computer games wrong, or beating someone up wrong? How are you comparing that? And about the part where whether people can change, I'm still working my brain on it, 'cos I actually find it to be quite easy. And what my mother has experienced, I can understand that she is telling me for my own good, but our whole society is weak (I will talk about this in a later post).

Somehow, what she said was like doing her best to reduce my faith in her although she isn't aware of it herself. Don't worry, I do love my mother, I know how to control myself too... But for now, the only 2 kinds of people I really trust are myself and my friends. But it can be a good thing that now I am somehow more focused in my beliefs.

I shall end by wishing Jingheng the best of luck.

And to my friends out there: Have faith in me, 'cos I really care about you, I am your friend.

No comments: